Sponsored by NCEA, CSW is an annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. Schools typically observe the week with Masses, open houses and other activities for students, families, parishioners and community members. Through these events, schools focus on the value Catholic education provides to young people and its contributions to Church, local communities and the nation.
This year’s theme is - Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.
Sunday, January 27, 2019 - Catholic Schools Week Kick-off Mass – 10:30 a.m. in the Church
Partnership with Our Families
- School Advisory Committee commissioned during 10:30 Mass
- NCS students will host the 10:30 Mass
- Coffee and Donuts in the Social Hall hosted by NCS Faculty
- Book Fair - Social Hall
- Booster Club Merchandise available for purchase in the Social Hall
- NCS Annual Gala & Tuition Raffle tickets on sale - Social Hall
- Artwork Displayed - Social Hall
Monday, January 28, 2019 – Grandparents/Special Friend Day
- 7:30-8:00 – Grandparents will enjoy a Chick-fil-A Chicken Biscuit served with coffee & juice in the Social Hall. When Grandparents are finished eating breakfast, our Student Ambassadors will guide them to their grandchild’s classroom.
- Grandparents will be free to come with their grandchild/ren to visit our Annual Book Fair, visit student’s artwork displayed in the Social Hall.
- Photo opportunities will be available in the school courtyard.
- Grandparents Day ends at 10:00 – grandchild/ren must return to their classroom.
Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – MODEL
- Stewardship Penny Challenge
- Parents are invited to come in to share with their child's class what it means to be a Community Role Model. Information will be coming soon from your homeroom teacher. Sign up HERE.
- Students will write letters of appreciation to their parents for sending them to a Catholic school.
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 – RESPECT
- Bilingual Mass – 8:15 in the Church – All are welcome to celebrate Mass with us as a school community.
- Decade Club and Teacher Recognition for “Years of Service” at the end of Mass
- Decade Club Reception following Mass
Thursday, January 31, 2019 – LEARN
- 8th Grade Students will speak to students in each grade (PreK – 7th) on Catholic Education and what it means to them and teach a lesson on the Gospel for the week.
Retreat with Prayer Partners
Friday, February 1, 2019 – ACHIEVE
- MAP Growth Celebration
- 8th Grade vs. Faculty Volleyball Game in the Gym
- Noon Indoor Dismissal for all students (Extended Day will be Open)