It is wonderful to see the Class of 2021 begin the year with so much energy! Eighth grade is a very important year for our students, and you are also planning for the next step in your child’s education. When applying or registering for high schools, please keep the following protocols in mind when requesting school records, transcripts, and teacher recommendations.
When applying at a Catholic high school:
- Print or download a Transcript Request Form from the high school’s website. Some schools complete this process digitally, please follow the instructions of the school you are applying to.
- Complete, sign and send this request to Mrs. Jo-Hanna Hohman at email@example.com or drop it off in person at the school office. Once a request is received, NCS will gather all necessary documents and NCS will mail it directly to the requested school(s). The transcript will include:
- 6th, 7th, & 1st-trimester 8th-grade report cards,
- 6th & 7th-grade assessment results,
- Teacher & Principal recommendations.
Turnaround time can vary by school and the number of items to be completed. To process your request timely and efficiently, please follow the following tips:
- Submit requests for Tampa Catholic and Jesuit High Schools at the same time as their applications have similar requirements and it is helpful to process them together.
- Submit requests for Academy of the Holy Names before November 19, 2020, to ensure requests are processed in time for family interviews which occur after the placement exam in December but before January 8, 2021. This school prefers to have all documentation available during the interview and is initiated digitally through their website.
Requests for AHN will be accepted after November 19th but the processing can be delayed due to holiday breaks.
When applying for School Choice through Hillsborough County:
- Print a transcript request form from their website: https://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us
- Complete the front page of the request form and send it to Mrs. Jo-Hanna Hohman at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in person at the school office.
Once a request is received, NCS will gather all necessary documents and NCS will mail it directly to Hillsborough County Public Schools. Please allow a 7-10 day turnaround for all requests.
When registering at your local public high school:
- You need to visit the school directly to apply.
- You will need to bring:
- Proof of Residency
- Driver’s License
- Student’s final 7th grade & most recent 8th-grade report card.
Once registered, the school will then send a records request to NCS and we will send all applicable report cards and assessment results. Please allow a 7-10 day turnaround for all requests.
Enrollment for local public high schools starts in early spring and if this is your choice, we encourage you to register early so that your child has the best chance of selecting their desired courses for the school year.