Nativity Catholic School offers numerous activities and clubs geared to the varied interests and talents of its students. Information for these activities will be posted on the school website and/or social media as they occur during the year. All after-school activities are completed by 4:00 P.M. except athletics, which have their own schedules.
- Altar Servers: Students in grades 5 through 8 may volunteer to assist the parish by serving at both parish and school liturgies. Training is provided by the parish.
- Band: Instrumental music instruction in band (both beginning and advanced levels) is available for students in grades 6 through 8 after school hours through the music teacher.
- Book Club: Typically begins the second half of the school year. Fridays, 3pm - 3:30pm. Grades 3, 4 or 5 only. Limited to 40 students at a time. Bring a small pillow, blanket, water bottle and your favorite book and enjoy a relaxing read!
- Bricks 4 Kidz: Students in Kindergarten through grade 5 may participate in this after-school enrichment program. Bricks 4 Kidz is designed to provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique motorized creations, build art, explore imaginations, play games, and have loads of fun with using LEGO bricks.
- Chess Club: Board One Chess has operated in Tampa Bay area for 12 years, and currently runs programs at Espiritu Santo Catholic School, Christ the King, Carrollwood Day School and Gorrie Elementary. We are looking forward to continuing our fun chess program at NCS! Fun environment to learn or improve your chess skills! All levels & ages (K-8) welcome!
- Choir: Grades 5- can participate on Wednesdays from 3-3:45pm. Held in the Music Room.
- First LEGO League (Robotics Club)*: Students in grades 1 through 8 may participate in this after-school enrichment program. The Robotics Teams participate in the LEGO League, which is designed to get children excited about science and technology and teaches them valuable life skills. Teams are made up of up to ten students with one or two adult coaches. This club is open to eligible students in grades 1 through 8.
- Green Team: Students in grades 7 and 8 may apply to participate on the Green Team. The Green Team collects recycled materials throughout the school on a weekly basis, in accordance with the Church's environmental stewardship.
- Karate: Students in grades Kindergarten through grade 8 may participate in this after-school program. Karate is designed to further students' life skills, such as respect, self-discipline, and focus.
- Musical: Available for Grades 6-8. These students will perform our yearly Spring musical.
- Nexplore Games (Formerly Mind Lab): Students in Kindergarten through grade 5 may participate in this after-school enrichment program. Nexplore offers strategies and mind games for enhancement of thinking abilities and life skills.
- National Junior Honor Society*: Students in grades 6–8 who meet the requirements for membership are eligible to be invited for membership. Students must be in their second semester of sixth grade for consideration.
- NCS News: A student-produced multimedia news program is broadcast daily. Middle school students are eligible to participate as NCS News anchors.
- Odyssey of the Mind* : Students in grades Kindergarten through grade 8 may participate in this after-school enrichment program. Odyssey of the Mind is an international creative problem solving competition for students from kindergarten through college. The program is presently open to Nativity students Kindergarten through grade 8. Students are to work as a team to solve long-term and short-term problems as creatively as possible. Parent volunteers are needed to coach teams. Coaches are expected to support teamwork, motivate, guide, yet not interfere with student ideas, and teach needed skills to the students on their team. Parents will receive ten service hours for this activity.
- School Safety Patrols (5th grade only): Students in grade 5 serve on the school's safety patrol. The patrols' responsibility is to assist in the safe movement of students, especially at drop off and dismissal time. All parents and students should respect the patrols and follow the school rules at all times.
- Scouts: Daisy, Brownie, Girl Scout, Cub, and Boy Scout programs are available through the local scouting council. Meetings are held outside of school time on campus. Contact the Parish Office to learn more.
- YOGAed.: Students in grades Kindergarten through grade 8 may participate in this after-school enrichment program. YOGAed. is a non-religious, curriculum-based program that teaches children how to navigate the emotional, social, and physical challenges of childhood in an educational environment.
*Eligible students only.