Our Student Leadership Team works closely with the students of Nativity Catholic School to promote positive change in our local community and beyond. Our Student Leadership Team works hard on new ideas to not only make our school better but to help our community of faith come together to support those in need.
This year, the SLT organized a FUN pep rally to sell tickets for Novemberfest! The school community was led in song and cheers. There was also an opportunity to represent each homeroom in a relay race. All the students participated and loved the idea of being a greater part of the Novemberfest Fun!
For the Catholic Schools Week Mass, we ministered to the community as Readers and Gift Bearers. Deacon Bob and our amazing team also work together to plan a 15 minute time of prayer and reflection several times during the year.
- The Labor Day Prayer Service celebrated work that honors God’s gifts – the talents He gives each of us.
- The Guardian Angel Prayer Service reminded us to tell our guardian angel “Thank You” for their daily guidance and to show gratitude to God for assigning a powerful heavenly protector for your personal care.
- To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, we prayed the Rosary and celebrated the appearances of Mary in many Spanish-speaking countries.
- For the Veterans Day Prayer Service, we gathered to honor, thank and pray for all our military members, past and present, who serve and protect our freedom and our country.
- Our Marian Prayer Service recognized our Blessed Mother’s Feasts of the Immaculate Conception and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- In celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s contributions to the Civil Rights Movement, we held a prayer service.
One of the most visible contributions to our school is the addition of monthly Charity N.U.T Days (N.U.T. stands for No Uniform Today). The purpose of these Charity N.U.T Days is to grow in the spirit of stewardship by raising money and awareness for various charities. Students are asked to bring in one dollar or more to support a cause in need. Students are then allowed to dress down according to the N.U.T Day Guidelines in our Family Handbook.
- Friday, September 7, 2018 - Raised $505 for Ryan's Case for Smiles
- Friday, October 12, 2018 - Raised $539.32 for Cup of Joe